Rebecca Cheetham Nursery and Children’s Centre is an exciting place to be. We offer early education provision for children aged two through to Reception age and their families. We also offer wrap around child care alongside the 15 hour and 30 hour provision.
Being the lead Children Centre in the Stratford and West Ham Community Neighbourhood for the Best Start in Life means we can support and nurture families from pre-birth until their children are ready for early education.
Not content on offering a quality learning environment for the children in our care, we also aim to work with our parents in partnership by offering workshops and giving parents opportunities to join us in the provision and on educational visits throughout the year.
We are an inclusive school and we were proudly awarded the Centre of Excellence Award for the Inclusive Quality Mark in 2017.
We work in partnership with The Tapscott Learning Trust and with Newham Nursery Schools in order to make sure that children throughout Newham are given the best opportunities possible in regards to their education and well-being.
We endeavour to respect and care for children’s individual needs, enabling all children to be confident and independent learners and to achieve their full potential.
- In the importance of respecting children as fellow human beings, and children having right of access to human and physical resources within the centre.
- That children have the right to achieve their full potential. We, as staff, enable this by focusing our energies to that end.
- That each child brings a wealth of home and community experiences. This creates an enriching environment, which can be shared, celebrated and built upon.
- That by having knowledge of each individual child, we, as staff, are responsive to their developmental needs and interests. Through this we facilitate achievement.
- That care and education are inseparable and that we provide an environment in which 2,3 and 4 year olds thrive alongside each other.
- That children should have constant access to the outdoors environment. They should be able to use the valuable resource alongside the indoor play space.