Newham Nursery Schools
Who we are and what we want to achieve.
Our shared purpose is to develop and embed a self-improving system for the early years that will drive up outcomes for all children, and narrow the gap in attainment between the most disadvantaged children and all children. We want to move children’s learning experiences from good to outstanding. We want Newham’s early years to be amongst the best in the country. We have taken significant steps towards that goal, but there is much more to do.
We work in partnership with, and draw our strength from, the networks around us: Newham’s Early Years team and the East London Early Years and Schools Partnership (the Teaching School Alliance led by Sheringham Nursery School) and other nursery schools across East London.
The schools within the partnership:
- Edith Kerrison Nursery School and Children's Centre
- Kay Rowe Nursery School and Children's Centre
- Oliver Thomas Nursery School and Children's Centre
- Ronald Openshaw Nursery School and Children's Centre
- St Stephen's Nursery School and Children's Centre
- Sheringham Nursery School and Children's Centre
We work together with the main aim to improve and maintain the excellent quality of provision for all Newham Children in the Early Years, regardless of the setting they attend.
Our work culminates in our Annual Early Years Conference which we started in 2016 and has grown considerably over the years to be one of the leading conferences for Early Years in the country.